A Southern Tradition
Charleston Favorites Grits are made from select Southern corn and ground on an authentic millstone. These stone-ground grits cook up smooth and creamy to serve alongside bacon and eggs, or as the star of your shrimp and grits. Choose white, yellow or mixed variety and enjoy the small flecks of corn bran ~ they’re the sign you’re eating bonafide stone ground grits.To protect product integrity, store in the refrigerator or freezer as our grits contain no preservatives or additives.
Non-GMO and Gluten Free.
2 lb. cloth bag
Classic Southern Grits – Pour measured amount of grits into a bowl. Cover with water and stir. Drain off excess water and the floating chaff and hulls. Add rinsed grits and salt to 3:1 ratio of boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently. Add additional 1 part water at this time when grits have thickened and stir for correct consistency. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Servings Grits Water Salt
4 ½ cup 1 1/2 cups ½ tsp
8 1 cup 3 cups 1 tsp
Charleston Creamy Grits: Follow Classic Southern Grits recipe and use ½ part soda water and ½ part cream or milk during last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Stoneground Grits
Use your slow cooker to create delicious and creamy grits. They cook while you sleep and are ready for breakfast the next morning.
• 2 cups Charleston Favorites Stoneground Grits
• 6 cups boiling water
• 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
• ½ cup club soda
• ½ cup whole milk
• freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Lightly spray inside of a 6-quart crockpot with cooking spray.
2. Pour measured amount of grits into a bowl. Cover with water and stir. Drain off excess water and the floating chaff and hulls
3. Stir together rinsed grits, salt and hot water in the crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
4. Remove lid. Stir in the club soda and whole milk until the grits are an even consistency.
5. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.